We are calling out to all of you to join us in our search for a new members of the Napili Community Garden Council. Everyone who is an active gardener maintaining a plot with interests in helping the Community form and grow is encouraged to join us on the Council. We need your help to nominate candidates for each of the positions on the council. Listed below are descriptions of the positions, if you would like to nominate someone (including self nomination) please send an email to email@example.com and post a comment here for your fellow gardeners to see the nomination. Please note the position of Chairperson is to be held by a current council member, however all other positions are open to all members:
Duties of the Chairperson
- Chair meetings and create an agenda.
- Represent NCG in dealings with other organizations.
- Coordinate activities of other officers and committees.
Duties of the Vice Chairperson
- Act in absence of the Chairperson
- Accept new members, collect dues passing dues/fees to the Treasurer.
- Maintain the roster of members and records associated with the garden plots.
- Maintain waiting list and assign plots to new and existing members.
Duties of the Treasurer
- Gather funds received from various activities and deposit to Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc.
- Manage budget, reimbursements and submit bills to Tri-Isle RC&D, Inc.
- Maintain financial records for NCG.
- Prepare financial reports for the Garden Council.
Duties of the Secretary
- Take minutes at all meetings and post to website, thereby maintaining a record of all business of NCG.
- Prepare correspondence in response to activities associated with NCG.
- Track community work hours for gardners.
Duties of Plot Manager
- Monitor adherence to the Rules & Regulations of the garden and work with gardeners to maintain compliance.
- Identifies plots that are not being maintained.
- Serve notice of rule infractions to violators, after the Garden Council has a walkthrough to review violations.
- Monitor inventory and physical condition of tools & equipment owned by NCG.
- Attain approval from the Garden Council for purchase of NCG tools and/or parts and make replacements and/or repairs as needed.
Duties of Events & Publicity Coordinator
- Oversee Educational projects.
- Oversee fundraising projects.
- Oversee NCG members’ activities (pot lucks)
- Arrange for field trips for general members.
Duties of Digital Librarian
- Manage digital files for printed information; pamphlets, flyers, posters.
- Collect and maintain digital copies of publicity, photos and material pertaining to NCG.
- Maintain content of the NCG website.
Duties of Orientation Manager
- Manage NCG Orientation for new members.
- Write and submit periodic press releases promoting events to the local newspapers.
- Write and submit announcements of NCG General Meetings to the local newspapers.
- Print and distribute copies of any special event fliers.
- Organize Community Work Days aka “Give Back Days”
- Organize projects to help the community grow with the help of the community of gardeners
- Record attendance of Work Days and provide to Secretary
Currently most of the positions are open unopposed and we welcome everyone who is interested to submit a nomination. Voting will take place during the first two weeks of July for the nominations. Please help spread the word to your fellow gardeners. Ballot information will be posted here on the website soon.
Additionally, Please join us this Wednesday June 27th from 8am-11am and Saturday June 30th 8am-11am for our Give Back Days. We really need your help to help our garden grow. Everyone in the garden is required to perform 3 hours of community service per month, here is an opportunity to do it with your neighbors and have a little fun. The work day on Saturday will also be a fun pot-luck party. Please bring a dish with at least one ingredient that you grew at the garden, we can all try and guess what the ingredient(s) are. We will work on a fun project as well. At each of the workdays we will talk about the council positions and ballot.
Looking forward to seeing you in the Garden this week!